Windows 11 KB5023778 is now available for download as an optional cumulative update on systems running 22H2. This update is a major release as it adds a number of new features to the operating system. Microsoft has made the direct download links for Windows 11 KB5022913 offline installers publicly accessible in the update catalog.
Windows 11 update KB5023778 is an optional update. Microsoft will not attempt to download or install the update on your system unless you manually click the “Download and Install” link next to the optional update.
The previous optional update enabled “Moment 2” in Windows 11 22H2, which was pretty big in terms of new features. Although the optional March 2023 update is relatively small compared to the February update, it still contains many new additions worth checking out.
For example, Microsoft is introducing support for Microsoft account notifications in the Start menu. A notification appears promoting OneDrive and Microsoft accounts directly in the Start menu. The tech giant said only select users would see the warning initially, but the company will expand the feature to more users in the coming weeks.
Microsoft is also making changes to the search box in Windows 11. After the update, you will notice that the search box looks lighter when using the Windows custom color mode. This happens when the Windows 11 default theme is dark, but the app mode is light in Settings > Personalization > Colors.
Note that this patch is titled “2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023778)”.
As always, you can skip this week’s optional update and receive the improvements in the April 2023 Patch Tuesday update, which is expected to arrive in the second week of next month.
Download links for Windows 11 KB5023778
Windows 11 KB5023778 Direct Download Links: 64-bit.
To download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, click the link above and click the “Download” button next to the update list in the catalog.
Windows 11 KB5023778 changelog
Microsoft fixed an issue where input destinations could appear as null. This issue occurs when users try to convert a physical point to a logical point during the tests and the operating system stops with a Blue Screen of Death error.
Here’s a list of all the other improvements in Windows 11’s March 2023 Optional Update:
- The SCEP certificate has an issue that Microsoft has resolved. The system should show them as pending, but some SCEP certificate installations show as failed.
- An issue with the new WinRT API has been resolved by Microsoft. MBIM2.0+ prevents an app from getting location information due to this issue.
- Microsoft has resolved a known issue with kiosk device profiles. These devices remain on the login screen after Autopilot finishes setting up. It may not work if you have enabled automatic login. This issue occurs after updates from January 10, 2023.
- Xbox Elite users using the Xbox Adaptive Controller are affected by this update. On desktop, this update applies to your controller remapping preferences.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that could affect your audio; when the system is under a lot of stress or comes out of sleep mode, it can cause glitches or screeching.
- WDAC cannot read fields from binaries, bug fixed.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that affects Active Directory users and computers. It stops responding. This happens when you use the TaskPad view to enable or disable many objects at once.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue affecting the RPC service (rpcss.exe). The issue may cause a conflict between the DCOM and the RPC endpoint mapper.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue affecting PowerPoint. It no longer responds to the AVD. When you use VBA, this happens.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue affecting Windows Search. Windows Search fails in Windows container images.
- This update affects the Group Policy Editor. It adds TLS 1.3 to the list of protocols you can set up.
- This update affects the Arab Republic of Egypt. The update supports the government’s DST change order for 2023.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue affecting jscript9Legacy.dll. It adds ITracker and ITrackingService to prevent MHTML from responding.